Sunday 24 March 2013

Muppethood

A True Fact About Me:

I love the Muppets.

Seriously.

I'm a 41 year old executive.  I have good taste and style (if maybe a little quirky).  I drink decent wine.   I know a little bit about art.  I have cool friends.  I am in a serious and excellent relationship with a serious and excellent guy who has a good job.  I don't live with my parents and haven't for quite some time.  I own a home and a car (well, technically the bank owns them... but you know what I mean).  I wear 4 inch heels regularly and spend a fortune on nice clothes.  I'm not a weirdo.

But I can't get enough of Grover and Cookie and Kermit and the gang.  I was very excited one day to discover, on the magic of the inter web, this thing called Muppet Wiki.  On the Muppet Wiki, there's this feature called "Random Muppet".  You click and it generates (you guessed it) a Muppet character at total random.  The day I found it, I couldn't stop clicking on it and giggling my ass off for well over an hour.  Every now and again, the Boy, doing Serious Boy Things, would call out "ARE YOU STILL LOOKING AT THAT MUPPET THING?" Eventually he gave up.

For years I have thought that I missed my calling.  Should have been a Muppeteer.  Could anything possibly be more fun than the idea of living among the monsters and gigantic birds and imaginary friends at Sesame Street?  Singing and dancing your way through the alphabet or basic math?  Sometimes I like to PRETEND I'm on the Muppet Show and I break into song at home...and sometimes even at work.  I'll admit - some people stare or even look away, trying desperately to pretend it isn't happening.   And I will also admit that I take some glee in singing louder when that happens.

Sometimes I think I am getting younger as I get older.   Sometimes I think that's a problem.  But then, the Boy's kid says "Foxy laughs more than anyone I know!"  So, I think I must be doing something right.  If not, at least I am having fun doing it!

No comments:

Post a Comment